A Virtual Private Network or VPN, is a internet network service that gives you anonymity and online privacy by creating a private network from a public internet connection.
VPN hides your actual IP address so your internet actions are untraceable. Also, it gives you an established secure and encrypted connection to provide greater protection. This is useful for a Public Wi-Fi Hotspot.
VPN creates a tunnel that hides your online activity from prying eyes such as cybercriminals, businesses, government agencies or others. This hides not just the site you visited but also a file you downloaded.
Another great advantage of VPN is to bypass country restrictions on certain sites especially popular streaming sites such as Peacock, Paramount+, iHeartRadio, Pandora and more, and also you can access other versions of streaming apps based on the country such as Netflix, so that you can access a typical movies and TV shows that isn’t available in your country.
Which Devices Supports VPN?
Also, VPN is available in a wide variety of devices such as PCs, smartphones, tablets and also routers. It’s easy to install! You can learn more in this site about device compatibility.
How To Choose a VPN?
To choose a best VPN provider out there, you’ll need to check this before you try:
- Check their data limits. If you decide to use a free VPN, see if it has a data capping limit or if the limit is shorter, it still continues you to use it but with a slower speed. This limit might not apply to paid VPN subscription services.
- Check if it uses more modern VPN protocols. Most VPN uses OpenVPN as it is the most secure than any other protocols such as PPTP.
- Check the server locations. If you’re visiting some country restricted sites or using streaming service and you want to use a specific country, you need if they have a server in that country.
- Check the costs. Check each VPN service’s costs if it fits to you when it comes to their service they can give, features, number of devices that can work simultaneously, and also customer service support. Also check if they have a 30 day free trial so that you cancel at anytime if you don’t like their service.
Free vs. Paid VPN
When compared to Paid VPN subscription, free VPN might be good for short term usage. However, it might comes with a cost:
- Depending on Free VPN providers, it might give you more current and secure protocols
- Some will have a limited data that refreshes every month. (e.g. Windscribe Free plan offers 10GB of data per month) or even in limited speeds that isn’t designed for streaming.
- Free plan has limited servers in each countries.
- No customer service support.
Paid VPN subscription has a lot of advantages over the free plan. Also, it comes with 24/7 support and 30 day money back guarantee.
Choose the Right VPN
Find out what’s best paid VPN provider for you. You can check that out here: