VPN is probably a very common term that you hear every now and then, especially if you are a regular internet user. A VPN or a Virtual Private Network service is basically what the name refers to, a Virtual Networking providing service for you to get a secure connection in the web space.
How do you set up VPN in different versions of Windows?
Setting up a VPN connection for the computing devices that use Windows is quite easy. However, you need to remember that in different versions on the Windows, the set up process varies in different ways. In order to help you with the VPN Connection on Windows, this article will now talk about the different procedures for the different versions of the Windows. You will see that the later versions of Windows has a very easy and ready to go sort of set up procedure for you.
The Easiest Way
The easiest way is to just install a VPN app from your VPN provider you’ve been signed up. You can get this from their website or via Microsoft Store, if they have it there. After you install it, follow the first time setup screen on how to do, and you’re good to go!
Want to do it Manually?
Set up VPN on Windows 11 or Windows 10
Here’s a helpful tip from the official Microsoft’s website:
Setting up VPN for Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1:
To set up VPN on Windows 7 or 8/8.1, you got to follow the steps below:
- Open Control panel and go to ‘Network and Security’
- On the ‘left side of the window, you will see Tasks’ Menu; select “Set up a connection or network” from the list.
- In the next window that allows you to choose connection option, you have to select ‘Connect to a workplace’ from there and click next.
- When the option ask you how you would like to connect, Select the option, ‘Use my Internet connection (VPN)’ option.
- In the next window, type in the VPN server address and give a name to your VPN connection so that you know which one to connect to and then click next.
- When you are asked for your username and password, type in the user name and password given to you by your VPN service provider. And after you click on the ‘create’ button,
- Then you need to enable the VPN connection from the network and security center. And afterward, you will be able to choose the VPN connection.
Best VPN for Windows:
A number of different providers provide a number of different VPN services for you and since it is very difficult for you to go through each and every provider to check their services, we have here the list for the providers that offer the best service for you.